Glenshee Mountain Bike Track
The Glenshee Bike Track is a unique cross mountain experience open to all ages from 8 upwards
The track is accessed by a single seat chair that ascends from outside the main café to a height of 2998ft at the top of the Cairnwell. The chair is manned both top and bottom of the chairlift to assist with the loading and unloading of bikes.
- Distance (miles/km): 2.4k
- Height Gain: Access via Chairlift 300m
- Duration: 10-25 mins
- Grade: Moderate
- Start Grid Ref: 138782
- OS Map: 44
- Open: June-Sep
1) The track of 2.4km leaves from the top of the chair along the ridge to the south side of the snow fence. The single track soon opens out onto a sharp descent over uneven terrain of granite type scree. This smoothes out at the bottom before a short ascent to the top of the Cairnwell T’Bar.
2) After this the track becomes smoother over peatier ground and incorporates a table top and a series of steps.
3) Looking to the West, you have a fine view over Loch Vrotican towards the Cairngorm Mountains, while you ride a couple of sweeping turns before rising into Butchart’s Coire.
4) The track then sweeps down past Butchart’s back towards the Ski Centre following a small gully behind the café, before exiting onto the Northern car park.