Jobs at Gulabin Lodge Outdoor Centre & Glenshee Ski & Board School
Our clients are varied and have different needs, therefore, we are always looking for qualified individuals who are motivated, enthusiastic and who enjoy working as part of a team. If you have no formal qualifications, experience and training opportunities can be provided.
Fantastic work and training opportunities available all year round with excellent Staff Training. This will be provided by primarily Darren the owner who is well qualified in a number of disciplines and holds the Mountain Instructors Certificate (MIC). Other staff will also be used where necessary.
- Activity instructors required for both Summer (May-Sep) and winter (Dec-April).
- Summer: Land and Water Based instructors required.
- Winter: Skiing and Snow Boarding Instructors required for our busy Snow Sports School.
We also facilitate the full range of winter and summer courses which require the higher end qualifications of the Mountain Leader Summer and Winter, Mountain Instructors Award and on occasions Ski Touring. These instructors are generally employed on a Free Lance basis so please do get in touch if this is of interest.
We are looking for individuals who wish to become Ski Instructors in the future. A training programme will allow you to work alongside qualified instructors for the season working with both School Children and the general public. We run a 5 day Residential Schools programme of 6 weeks during the Ski Season and combined with our busy Ski School there is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience prior to attending your first Ski Qualification Course being a 5 Day BASI Level One Course.At the end of the season a 10 day BASI Level 2 Course in Chatel, France or Scotland will be an option for those who have reached the required standard.
During the season you will attend the following;
- Various Clinics and Staff Training Sessions,
- 2 Day First Aid Emergency Course
- Avalanche Awareness
- 5 Day Level One Course
- 10 Day Level Two Course Mar/April
- Introduction to Ski Touring
- Introduction to Telemark Skiing and Snow Boarding.
The following will be included;
- Accommodation be provided locally
- Lift passes will be provided for the season.
- Daily Transport to and from the Ski Slopes.
Previous experience required as follows;
- Aged 17yrs and above.
- Able to Ski a Red Run in control comfortably.
- Previous teaching experience not required but would be useful.
For further information on this exciting new opportunity please complete the dedicated enquiry form to register your interest and an application form will be sent out to you. For further information please contact Darren on 01250 885255 or send a letter to:
FAO Darren Morgan (Chief Instructor)
Gulabin Lodge Outdoor Centre
Spittal of Glenshee
By Blairgowrie, Perthshire